Lilypie Expecting a baby Ticker

Thursday, June 01, 2006

Britain's new 'rubber highways'

I read a news report today that some 9,000 miles of disused railway tracks in England are to be converted into new roads. This is going to be achieved by laying the old tracks with specially made 'pavers' created from recycled care tyres.

The hope was that this would relieve road congestion.

My first thought was: "are they going to equip every car with a pogo-stick so that when the traffic locks up, the drivers can get out and safely bounce their way to work?" No fear of falling over, the roads are covered with rubber - just like the new kiddie playgrounds!

That was before I realised the "road congestion" was obviously referring to the main thoroughfares.

Still, I think my idea would be fun!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home